Eyelid Surgery in Korea
Be Beautiful with MISOODA
Eyelid Surgery in Korea
See the Eye ▼
Eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, is a surgical procedure to improve the appearance or functional problems of the eyelids. Surgery can be performed on either the upper or lower lids, or both.
Latest Trend of Beautiful Eyes in Korea
The latest trend of beautiful eyes in Korea is believed that the size and proportion must be considered in order to achieve beautiful eyes. The delicate skills of Korean surgeons and immaculate design techniques naturally allows for the eyes to look much bigger and clearer. Experience perfection at the plastic surgery clinics in Korea where they can customize double eyelids to bigger and more beautiful eyes.
Perfect Ratio for Beautiful Eyes
(Left) The most ideal eye shape is Perfect symmetry and the distance between the eyes and the length of eye should be about 30-40 mm wide.
(Middle) The inner corner of the eyes should vertically be connected to the alar of the nose, and the outer corners of the eyes should diagonally correspond to the alar on the same side.
(Right) From the frontal base of the eyes, the outer corners should be slightly superior or elevated from the horizontal line.
Types of Eyelid Surgery
In order to create beautiful eyes with perfect ratio, multiple eye procedures may be needed to be done at the same time.
Eyelid Surgery Price/Cost in Korea
General price guide line for Eyelid surgery is USD$1,100 to USD$2,800 according to Korea Health Industry Development Institute. The price is decided depending on the method and difficulty of patients’ case. To read more about Korean Plastic/Cosmetic surgery price in Korea, check Know your plastic surgery price.
Shapes of Double Eyelid Surgery
It is also very important to find the most suitable double eyelid shape and crease for vivid, bigger and natural eyes. Korean double eyelid experts’ advice never to mimic someone else’s crease and shape because it may not suit you best. It is one way of surgery failure. Here are shapes of different eyelids to consider before taking a double eyelid surgery.
The double eyelid line starts from the inner corner of the eyes with the front part of the crease not quite visible, then from the middle part it becomes visible as it reaches to the end. This is a typical double eyelid of a Korean, and 80% of Koreans belong to this category. Those who want natural looking double eyelids will desire this type of line crease, and this surgery relatively recovers quickly. Usually, the term, inner double eyelid refers to the smallest double eyelid fold among those classified as “Inner Type.”
Double eyelid of Westerners are 100% Out Type. The line is not hidden. The starting point is not joined from the outside and continues to the end in a parallel line as if a rainbow, hence it is also called parallel type. Since the line should be usually soft and natural looking, an outer line created by the incision method is sometimes seen as having a bad surgery. What a Korean double eyelid expert would recommend is a natural looking outer line, therefore, it is better to make the outer line using the embedding method (suture method) rather than the incision method. In case of thick eyelid skin or small eyes, extra care should be taken.
The line is seen as a combination of the inner and outer line. As the front part of the line begins from the outside to the ending it seems like out line. But the difference is the beginning part of the line starts very narrow and as it leads to the end part, the thickness of line gets wider, this type of double eyelid looks as if the inner type. This is the most ideal type of double eyelid but only possible for eyes that are long with thin eyelids. Depending on individual case, some patients may show traces of surgery, therefore the doctor needs to make decisions carefully.
Candidates for Eyelid Surgery
-Far distance from both eyes
-Eyes with multiple Folds
-Sunken & hollow Eyes
Eyelid Surgery Precautions
- Swellings and bruises will occur for 2~3 days, but they will subside as time goes by.
- Use an ice-pack on the surgery area for 2~3 days after the surgery. When using the pack, place a tissue or gauze on the eyes before placing the ice-pack.
- Do not rub your eyelids or blink with force. Avoid crying and if any discharges on the eyes please remove it carefully with a cotton bud.
- Avoid wearing contact lens for 3 weeks. Please wear glasses during this period.
- Stitches will be removed after 3~7days depending on the double eyelid surgery method. Facial wash is allowed and make-up can be applied the next day after the stitches have been removed. But eye make-up should be avoided at least 10 days.
- Avoid heavy exercises such as aerobics or working out at a gym for weeks after surgery. Taking a walk is recommended.
- Basic shower can be taken the day after the stitch removal, however, please avoid saunas and hot spring for 4 weeks.
- Please do not bow your head or lie faced down. Using a soft large cushioned pillow when sleeping will help minimize the swelling and the bruising.
See the Eye ▼