Surgical anti-aging treatment in Korea
See the skin ▼
- • Duration: 1~3 hours
- • Anesthesia: General Anesthesia
- • Hospitalization: 1 Day
- • Stitch Removal: 1~2 weeks after
- • Clinic Visit: 3~4 times
- • Recovery Period: Return to everyday activity 1~2 weeks after
Usually the aging process starts from the forehead and eye area. Forehead lift improves forehead and eye wrinkles, as well as eye vision by raising the forehead and eyebrows. It is a simple lifting surgery but brings various effects. It has two incision methods, full-incision and minimal incision (Endotine lift) on the scalp depending on the severity. It brings aesthetic and functional improvement, creates a gentle impression and makes one look younger. If your eyebrow sagging is not causing from the forehead then an upper eye lift surgery alone can be performed. Please check Blepharoplasty for eyelift surgery.
It is an anti-aging surgery that removes the wrinkles as well as pulls up muscles and skin of the face and neck tightly. Mid-face lift is appropriate to those who have wrinkles and skin droopiness on the cheek and chin area. It has two main incision methods, full-incision and minimal incision which made in front of the ears depending on the severity. It is an effective and aggressive facial lift that improves sagging, fine and deep wrinkles on the overall mid-face and neck areas. These two areas are difficult to improve with fat grafting or non-surgical anti-aging treatments such as laser, filler or botox. It is one of the more major anti-aging surgeries which take a longer recovery period.
Neck lift is an anti-aging surgery that improves sagging (hanging) skin on the bottom of chin and neck area. It pulls the stretched skin while performing liposuction (removing unnecessary fat), removing wrinkles on the neck. It can be done together with mid-face lift surgery or on its own depending on the severity. It improves the neck wrinkles, jawline, creates a slimming effect as well as tightens the skin.
Cost of Surgical Facelift surgery in Korea
General price guide line for surgical facelift surgery in Korea is USD$5,500 to USD$18,200 according to Korea Health Industry Development Institute. The price is decided in a variable range depending on the method and difficulty of the patients’ case. To learn more about Korean Plastic/Cosmetic surgery price in Korea, check Know your plastic surgery price.
- • Duration: App. 1 hour
- • Anesthesia: Sleep Anesthesia
- • Fasting: From 6 hours before the surgery
- • Stitch Removal: 6~7 days after
- • Hospitalization: N/A
- • Recommended Stay in Korea: Min. 7 days
What is fat graft?
＜The areas where fat can be transferred＞ Fat grafting is a natural solution to restore subtle volume and shape, as well as rejuvenate certain areas of the face. Fat is taken from the body usually, either from belly or thigh and transferred to areas of the face where volume is needed (See the photo above). Fat transfer is appropriate procedure for:
- Those whose forehead is sunken or uneven - Those whose under-eye is hollowed therefore looking older - Those who have lack of fat on their faces - Those whose face is too skinny as the outline of the facial bone is even showing, so the face looks longer - Those who want to have a softer impression and a rejuvenated effect - Those who don’t want invasive surgery - Those who have deep smile lines
Recommended post-operative care for fat graft surgery
- 1. Applying ice-pack should be avoided. If ice compresses on the fat grafted area, the area would possibly be sunken and the rate of fat engraftment would greatly decrease. However, it would be good if a fat grafted area is kept cool by rolling ice near the surgical area.
- 2. Do not compress or massage on the surgical area as this could decrease the engraftment rate or the fat might move to other position.
- 3. Facial wash and make up can be done after the stitches removal. Stitches will be removed from the face after 5-7 days, those at the abdomen or limbs will be after 7days of the surgery.
- 4. It takes about 1 month to get the fat settled down in the affected area. Thus, the face will look slightly puffy for 1-2 months. In this period of time, comparing changes of the face before and right after the surgery would be meaningless.
- 5. Weight loss after the surgery should be avoided. When losing weight, the grafted fat also decreases therefore the fat grafting surgery will be pointless.
Cost of fat graft in Korea
General price guide line for fat transfer in Korea is USD$1,800 to USD$7,300 according to Korea Health Industry Development Institute. The price is decided in a variable range depending on the method and difficulty of the patients’ case. To learn more about Korean Plastic/Cosmetic surgery price in Korea, check Know your plastic surgery price.
Anti-aging surgery precautions
See the skin ▼