Is buttock augmentation (hip up surgery) popular in Korea? How much?
See the liposuction ▼
- • Duration: App. 1 hour or longer (depends on the surgical method)
- • Anesthesia: General or Local (Deep Sleep) Anesthesia (depends on the surgical method)
- • Stitch Removal: 1~2 weeks after
- • Hospitalization: 2 days (in case of implant insertion)
- • Shower: Partially available
- • Recommended Staying Period in Korea: 10-14 days
What is Buttock Augmentation Surgery in Korea?
Buttock Augmentation, also known as hip up surgery, is a procedure that increases size or restores volume to the butt area in order to complete perfect S-line from the back. This procedure involves implant insertion and fat transfer method to enhance the buttocks. In case where the buttocks lack volume and look flat but not necessarily saggy, excessive fat from thigh or abdomen are injected to the deflated buttocks to add volume. It brings simultaneous effect of fat correction and making the legs look longer. Implant insertion method is for case of saggy hips that lacks in volume. It is performed by making incision near the tail bone area of buttocks to insert implants using endoscopy. This method allows natural texture without additional after-care. In case of severely saggy hips, and with much fat-tissue under the buttocks, or skinny body type with gluteus maximus that looks too firm, some fat taken from thigh or lower buttocks may be injected to bring optimal result.
Who are the candidates for Buttock Augmentation (Hip up surgery)?
- Those who have saggy hips without much volume - Those who have asymmetrical hips - Those who have saggy and pancake-like hips that make the legs look short - Those who have small hip bone - Those who have parts of hip tissue removed due to accident or illness
Buttock Augmentation (Hip up surgery) Price/Cost in Korea
General price guide line for Buttock augmentation (Hip up surgery) in Korea is USD$8,200 to USD$14,000 according to Korea Health Industry Development Institute. The price is decided in variable range depending on the method and difficulty of patients’ case. To learn more about Korean Plastic/Cosmetic surgery price in Korea, check Know your plastic surgery price.
Buttock Augmentation (Hip up surgery) Precautions
- 1. It is recommended that you rest and avoid heavy exercises on the day of the surgery.
- 2. There may be liquid discharge on the surgery area for up to 3 days after the surgery and swelling and bruising may persist for several days.
- 3. In order for the skin to reattach itself to surrounding tissue, compression garment should be worn for 2 ~ 3 months after the bandage has been removed.
- 4. It is better to sleep sideways or lying flat on stomach. Sitting on a chair may be uncomfortable for the initial period.
- 5. It is recommended that you start taking showers a week after the surgery, and avoid exposing water to the surgery area if possible.
- 6. Avoid consuming alcohol and smoking as it may delay the recovery process. However, in unavoidable circumstances, alcohol and smoking can be consumed 4 weeks after the surgery.
See the liposuction ▼