Start To be Beautiful With MISOODA
- “MISOODA” shall refer to a virtual business place established in order for users to make transactions for Services, etc. by using information communication facilities including computers to ensure that the Company provides users with services (hereinafter referred to as “Services, etc.”), and shall also refer to an enterpriser who operates a MISOODA website.
- “Users” shall refer to members and non-members who get access to the “MISOODA” and receive the Services provided by the “MISOODA” under these Terms and Conditions.
- “Members” shall refer to persons who have provided their personal information to the Company and registered their membership for the Services, and who can be continuously provided with information of the Services and continue to use the Services provided by the Company.
- The Company may request users of confirmation by providing a separate connection screen or pop-up screen to ensure that users can understand the important content, such as Withdrawal of Offer, Liability for Shipping, Conditions for Return, among the content set forth in these Terms and Conditions before users consent to these Terms and Conditions.
- The Company shall provide the following services:
- To provide information on services and enter into agreements;
- To provide any other services set forth by the Company.
- In the event that the qualities or technical specifications of the services are changed, the Company may change the content of services to be provided under an agreement to be entered into in the future. In this case, the Company shall post on the Services and notify the content of the changed services, the date of provisions, etc.
- In the event that it is unavoidable for the Company to change the content of the Services to be provided under agreements with users because of the qualities of Services, etc. or a change in technical specifications, etc., the Company shall forthwith notify users of the reasons.
- In case of the prior Section, the Company shall compensate for damages incurred to users as a result; provided, however, that it shall not be the case where the absence of willfulness or negligence of the Company is proven.
- In the event that there are reasons including the repairs, checking, exchanges, and failures of information communications equipment including computers, or stoppage of communications, etc., the Company may temporarily suspend the provisions of the Services.
- The Company shall compensate for damages incurred to users as a result of the temporary suspension of the provisions of the Services for the reasons of Section ①; provided, however, that it shall not be the case where the absence of willfulness or negligence of the Company is proven.
- In the event that the Company has become unable to provide the Services for the reasons of conversion of business items, renunciation of businesses, or integration between companies, etc., it shall give users a notice thereof in the manner set forth in Article 8.
- A user shall apply for membership subscription by giving his or her manifestation of intention to consent to these Terms and Conditions after entering the membership information according to the subscription form prescribed by the Company.
- The Company shall register users who have applied for membership subscription under Section ① unless a user falls under each of the following items:
- In the event that a subscription applicant has ever lost his or her prior membership qualifications under Article 7 Section ③ of these Terms and Conditions (provided, however, that exceptions shall be made where three (3) years has lapsed after a user has lost his or her membership qualifications under Article 7 Section ③ and the user has obtained approval of re-subscription from the Company.);
- In the event that there are false information, omitted information, or mistaken entries in the registered matters; or
- In the event that a user’s membership registration is found to seriously affect the Company’s technologies.
- An agreement for membership subscription shall be formed at the time when approval by the Company arrives at a User.
- In the event that there is a change in the registered matters provided to the Company at the time when a Member has applied for membership or applied for a purchase agreement, the Member shall forthwith notify the Company of the change(s) by e-mail or in any other way.
- Members may at any time request the Company of their withdrawal from membership, and the Company shall forthwith handle the withdrawals from membership.
- In the event that a Member falls under each of the following reasons, the Company may restrict or discontinue his or her membership qualifications:
- In the event that a Member has registered false information at the time of applying for membership;
- In the event that a Member has not paid amounts for goods, etc. purchased by use of the Services, or any other liabilities payable by the Member with respect to use of the Services;
- In the event that a Member threatens the order of electronic commercial transactions by obstructing third parties’ uses of the Services or misappropriating the information; or
- In the event that a Member engages in activities that are prohibited under the laws or these Terms and Conditions, or are against the public orders and good morals by using the Services; or
- In the event that after the Company has restricted or suspended the membership qualifications for a Member, the Member repeats the same activity no less than twice or the reason is not corrected within thirty (30) days, the Company may forfeit he membership.
- In the event that the Company has forfeited the membership qualifications, it shall cancel the membership registration. In this case, the Company shall notify the Member thereof and provide an opportunity to explain away by specifying a period of at least no less than thirty (30) days before cancellation of the membership registration.
- In the event that the Company gives a notice to users, it may do so with the e-mail addresses provided to the Company by the users.
- In the event that the Company gives a notice to unspecified and many users, it may replace individual notifications with posting the notifications on the service bulletin board for no less than one (1) week; provided, however, that individual notifications shall be given with respect to the matters that seriously affect a Member’s own transactions.
- The Company may not accept an application for purchase in Article 9 if it falls under each of the following items (provided, however, that the Company shall notify that where it enters into an agreement with a minor, the minor or his/her legal representative may cancel the agreement if consent by a legal representative is not obtained):
- In the event that the registrations have false, omitted, or mistaken information;
- The Company shall collect the minimum information required to perform an agreement in collecting information of users. The following information shall be required items, and other information shall be selective items:
- E-mail addresses
- Mobile phone numbers
- Telephone numbers
- IP Addresses
- The Company must obtain consent of the users when collecting the personal information with which users can be personally identified.
- The personal information provided by a user shall not be used for purposes other than the purpose of the provisions or provided to third parties without consent of the user; provided, however, that exceptions shall be made in the following events:
- In the event that the Company is required to obtain consent from a user pursuant to Section ② or ③, it shall specify or notify in advance the matters set forth in Article 22 Section ② of the Act Relating to Information Communication Network Use Promotion and Information Protection, including the identity of personal information manager (name, telephone number, other contract information), the purpose of collecting or using information, matters related to provisions of information to third parties (persons provided with information, the purpose of provisions, the content of information to be provided), the consent to which may be withdrawn at any time by users.
- Users may at any time request reading or correction of their personal information that the Company has, as to which the Company shall have the obligation to take necessary measures without delay. In the event that a user has requested corrections of errors, the Company shall not use the personal information until it corrects the errors.
- The Company shall keep the number of personal information manager to a minimum in order to protect personal information. The Company shall take all responsibilities for damages incurred to users as a result of users’ losing, being stolen of, disclosing, or altering their personal information including credit cards, bank accounts.
- A third party that has received the Services or the personal information from the Services shall without delay destroy the personal information when the purpose of its collecting or being provided with the personal information has been fulfilled.
- The Company shall not engage in any activity that is prohibited under the laws or these Terms and Conditions or against the public orders and good morals, and shall use its best efforts to provide the services continuously and securely as set forth under these Terms and Conditions.
- The Company shall have a security system for personal information protection for users (including credit information) to ensure that users can safely use the Services.
- In the event that the Company has caused damages to users by its engaging in unreasonable labeling or advertising activities prescribed in Article 3 of the Fair Labeling and Advertisement Act with respect to its goods or services, it shall compensate for the damages.
- The Company shall not send advertising e-mails for profitable purposes unwanted by users.
- Members shall have the obligation to have third IDs and passwords under control except for the case of Article 11.
- Members shall not cause a third party to use their own IDs or passwords.
- In the event that a Member has been aware that his or her ID or password has been stolen or is being used by a third party, the Member shall forthwith notify the Company thereof, and follow the directions of the Company, if any.
- To register false information at the time of applying for or changing the content of membership;
- To misappropriate third parties’ information;
- To change information posted in the Services;
- To transmit or post information other than the information set forth by the Services (including computer software);
- To infringe upon intellectual properties, including the Services, any other third party’s copyrights;
- To undermine the reputation of or obstruct businesses of the Services or third parties; or
- To disclose or post on the Services obscene or violent messages, videos, voices, and any other information that is against the public orders and good morals.
- In the event that the upper “Mall&rrdquo; and the lower “Mall” are connected by hyperlink, etc. (e.g., the subject for hyperlinks shall include letters, photos, or video pictures), the former shall be referred to as the connecting “MISOODA” (Website) whereas the latter shall be referred to as the connected “Mall” (Website).
- Where the fact that the Company shall not be responsible for providing guarantees for transactions made with users by the goods or services independently provided by the connecting “Mall” and the connected “Mall,” is specified on the start-up screen of the connecting “Mall” or the pop-up screen at the time of being connected, it shall not be responsible for providing guarantees for the transactions.
- The copyrights and other intellectual property rights to the works prepared by the Company shall revert to the Company.
- Without the prior permission of the Company, users shall not duplicate, transmit, publish, distribute, broadcast, use by other means for profitable purposes, or cause a third party to use any information acquired in using the Services.
- In the event that the Company uses any copyright reverted to a user under these Terms and Conditions, it shall notify the user thereof.
- The Company shall establish and operate a damages compensation department to ensure that it reflects reasonable opinions or complaints raised by users and compensate for the damages.
- The Company shall first handle complaints or opinions given by a user; provided, however, that where it is difficult to handle them promptly, the Company shall forthwith notify the user of the reasons and action schedules.
- In the event that a user files an application for remedy of damages with respect to electronic commercial transaction disputes incurred between the Company and the user, the Company may be subject to settlements rendered by the Korea Fair Trade Commission or a dispute settlement authority requested by governors of cities or provinces.
- Any lawsuit relating to electronic commercial transactions incurred between the Company and users shall be brought
to a competent court of jurisdiction under the Civil Procedural Code.
- Any lawsuit for electronic commercial transactions brought between the Company and users shall be governed by the Korean laws.
Article 1 (Purpose)
Article 2 (Definitions)
Article 3 (Posting and Modification of Terms and Conditions)
Article 5 (Provisions and Changes of Services)
Article 6 (Suspension of Services)
Article 7 (Membership Subscription)
Article 8 (Withdrawal from Membership and Disqualifications, etc.)
Article 9 (Notifications for Members)
Article 10 (Formation of Agreement)
Article 11 (Protection of Personal Information)
Article 12 (Duties of Company)
Article 13 (Duties of Members for IDs and Passwords)
Article 14 (Duties of Users) Users shall not engage in the following activities:
Article 15 (The Relationship between Connecting “Mall” and Connected “Mall”)
Article 16 (Refund)
The company shall notice the reason if the company is not able to provide the products due to the sold out and other reasons. If the company receive the payment of the product, the company should refund within 15 working days from the date of payment.
Article 17 Cancellation Policy
The Company require 3 days’ cancellation notice prior to your confirmed surgery date, otherwise the company shall charge you cancellation fee as 100% of your total amount you booked if you do not notify the company about your cancellation or any changes by 3 days before your confirmed Surgery date.
Article 18 (Reversion of Copyrights, Use Restrictions)
Article 19 (Dispute Resolution)
Article 20 (Jurisdiction and Governing Laws)
These Terms and Conditions shall be applicable from Oct 8th 2016.